Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, November 20, 2009

I've Been Smiling for a YEAR

Josh and I celebrated our ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY on November 1st!

I know people say the first year is the hardest, but this has quite honestly been the best year of my life - and I have my fantastic husband to thank!

It does NOT seem like a year ago...

Here are a few things I've learned during our first year of marriage:

  • There's something very comforting about leaning over 2 big dogs to kiss your husband goodnight

  • Men will never understand why we hang dry certain pairs of jeans

  • Most arguments will seem really funny tomorrow

  • However, if you are losing an argument...CRY! Works every time :-)

  • Sometimes it's OK to pretend you don't hear the dogs wanting out in the middle of the night, he'll get up eventually (sorry, honey - but I know you do it, too!)

  • There is no greater feeling than watching your husband play with kids and imagining what an amazing daddy he'll be one day

Josh - it is such a privilege to wake up next to you every morning and come home to you every night. You put up with my constant singing & dancing, sit next to me through every celebrity entertainment show on television, and you're not afraid to set me straight when I veer off course. Thank you for making sure you kiss me every time you come home, and every night before we go to sleep. Thank you for talking to me like I'm your best friend, not just your wife. You are smart, handsome, hilarious and caring. Thank you for being a good man, standing up for what you believe in, for putting family first, and for giving me a great life. You truly are my sunshine :-)

We celebrated our anniversary with a nice romantic picnic at Devil's Den and walked around and enjoyed the fall leaves, then had dinner at Pesto and went home and ate the top tier of our wedding cake. I was actually impressed at how good it tasted after being frozen for a year!!! It was a perfect day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you two! I'm so glad you guys are so happy, and I hope it stays that way for forever!

Jennifer T said...

happy anniversary!!! time sure does fly! i had to mention that i do the EXACT thing with pretending not to hear the dogs when they need out!! hahahaha! love it!

Ashley said...

I can't believe it's been a year, Happy Anniversary!!

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

background

sitemeter