Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Sundays

Sunday nights can sometimes be a little defeating. Before we know it - we've blown through the weekend, gotten to stay up, sleep in, and eat out. On Sunday night, we all try not to countdown the hours - as we creep closer to the inevitable - Muuunday.

When my sister moved out to go to college and life got busy, my parents started Sunday Family Dinners to make sure we stayed close and connected to each other. The older I get, the more I cherish these Sundays...my parents house is so beautiful and relaxing...there are no cars driving by, no sirens, no dogs barking. Just silence, and it is music to my ears and eyes...

We eat good food, read the paper, sit on the deck and watch the deer play, have coffee with dessert, play on the swingset, play Wii, and for some reason at their house - the couch wraps its arms around you can easily nod off into dream land. (Oh and a bonus is hanging out with this little guy!)

Every Sunday we find ourselves heading to my parents a little earlier than the week before. Josh and I really look forward to keeping the Sunday Night Dinner tradition when our kids get older. And we are really looking forward to Sunday...

No comments:

music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

background

sitemeter